Contractors involved Shell Offshore contracted Sembcorp Marine Rigs & Floaters to construct and integrate the topside and hull, in November 2019. The Vito FPU is currently under construction at Sembcorp Marine’s Tuas Boulevard Yard in Singapore. Each service offer is intended to put the company’s technology and business firmly on the […], Trio wraps up joint development projects for LNG bunkering, Carnival to cut emissions with Shell’s carbon-neutral marine lubricants, Sembcorp Marine to build FPU for Shell’s Whale field in Gulf of Mexico, final investment decision for the full Whale project. the start of the Whale FPU’s construction phase. Shell-Offshore News: Sembcorp To Build Whale FPU, Cook Inlet Tug & Barge Announces Interim Manager, Shell Makes Big Deepwater Oil Discovery In Gulf Of Mexico, Image courtesy of Sembcorp Marine. Shell, the operator of the Whale project, holds 60% in the field, while Chevron holds the remaining 40%. The completed FPU topside will then be raised and attached to a 51-metre tall hull, using a pair of gantry cranes that can lift up to 30,000 tonnes. The Whale field will be developed through a semi-submersible floating production unit (FPU). Shell owns 60 percent of the Whale well with Chevron holding the remaining 40 percent. November 1, 2019, by Offshore Energy Today. The agreement precedes a final investment decision for the full Whale project, expected to be made next year by Shell. The Whale FPU project will leverage significant synergies from the Vito FPU, which is under construction at the shipyard. Unlimited web access from just £12.50 per month. Siccar, the operator of the project, blamed the decision on "the unprecedented worldwide macroeconomic dislocation resulting from Covid-19." please contact us via our advertising form where you can also see our media kit. The agreement precedes a final investment decision for the full Whale project, expected to be made next year by Shell. Sembcorp Marine secures FPU construction and integration contract for Shell’s Whale field development in Gulf of Mexico Whale FPU will take advantage of synergies from ongoing Shell Vito FPU project secured last year Topside and hull will be delivered in 2022 from Tuas Boulevard Yard as a Ltd. has won a contract from Shell Offshore Inc. to build and integrate the topside and hull of a Floating Production Unit (FPU) for the Whale field in the Gulf of Mexico. Register here for the Energy Voice daily newsletter, bringing you key news and insight from across the global energy landscape. Whale FPU will take advantage of synergies from ongoing Shell Vito FPU project secured last year. It was discovered in the Alaminos Canyon Block 772, adjacent to the Shell-operated Silvertip field and approximately 10-miles from the Shell-operated Perdido platform. The topside and hull Maybe a nice photo? Sembcorp also noted the contract award precedes a FID for the full Whale project, which Shell anticipates making in 2020. Shell Offshore Inc. (“Shell”) today announced one of its largest U.S. Gulf of Mexico exploration finds in the past decade from the Whale deep-water well. The Whale FPU comprises a topside module and a four-column semi-submersible floating hull, with a combined weight of 25,000 tonnes. Sembcorp said it would take advantage of synergies from the on-going construction of the FPU for Shell’s Vito field in the GoM. Sembcorp Marine Rigs & Floaters Pte. Chevron says Whale continues in the FEED stage and the companies are leveraging standardised designs and best practices from other deepwater projects to enhance returns. Contact our editorial team via email. The agreement precedes a final investment decision for the full Whale project, expected to be made next year by Shell. In May 2019, Sembcorp Marine won a construction and integration contract from Shell for the Vito semi-submersible FPU. Sembcorp Marine said on Friday that it paves the way for the Whale FPU to move ahead and take advantage of synergies from the ongoing Shell Vito FPU, currently under construction at Sembcorp Marine’s Tuas Boulevard Yard. Sembcorp Marine Rigs & Floaters Pte. It gives us a lot of confidence knowing that this project will enjoy significant synergies from the established processes and experience gleaned from the ongoing Vito FPU project.” Sembcorp Marine and Shell Whale staff Like the Vito FPU, the entire Whale FPU … In April 2018 Shell took the final investment decision to develop the Vito deep-water project in the US Gulf of Mexico. Vito is a deep-water development in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico for which Shell in April made a Final Investment Decision , with the break-even price estimated to be less than $35 per barrel. The Whale FPU comprises a topside module and a four-column semi-submersible floating hull, with a combined weight of 25,000 tonnes. Other than the Whale and Vito FPUs, Sembcorp Marine’s project track record in the GoM includes previous deliveries of eight semi-submersible drilling rigs and one semi-submersible hull. Something went wrong - please try again later. Singapore’s Sembcorp Marine Ltd has won a contract by Shell to construct and integrate the hull, topsides and living quarters of the Vito semi-submersible Floating Production Unit (FPU). Sembcorp Marine Secures FPU Construction and Integration Contract for Shell’s Whale Field Development in Gulf of Mexico. Shell, the operator of the Whale project, holds 60 per cent in the field, while Chevron holds the remaining 40 per cent. Average peak production is estimated to reach approximately 100,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. SINGAPORE – Shell Offshore Inc. has contracted Sembcorp Marine Rigs & Floaters Pte. Like the Vito FPU, the entire Whale FPU topside will be integrated and commissioned on ground level at Tuas Boulevard Yard to minimise work-at-height risks for the workers. Sembcorp Marine wins Whale field FPU contract for Shell’s GoM project Posted on November 4, 2019 By oilandgasnews365 reporter Upstream oil and gas news Whale field FPU contract : Sembcorp Marine Rigs & Floaters has bagged a contract from Shell Offshore to construct and integrate the topside and hull of a floating production unit (FPU) for the Whale field located in the US Gulf of Mexico (GoM). The agreement precedes a final investment decision (FID) for the full Whale project, expected to be made next year by Shell. William Gu, Sembcorp Marine Head of Rigs and Floaters, said: “We are very grateful to Shell for recognising our yard capabilities and entrusting us with the Whale FPU project, which comes after our successful bid for the Shell Vito FPU last year.”. Also, if you’re interested in showcasing your company, product or technology on Offshore Energy Today, please contact us via our advertising form where you can also see our media kit. Vito will be Shell’s 11th deep-water project in the area. The well encountered more than 1,400 net feet (427 meters) of oil bearing pay. The Singapore-based construction firm said the agreement preceded a final investment decision for Whale, expected to be made next year by the Anglo-Dutch major. The FPU is being made for Shell’s Whale field development, with the agreement coming ahead of a final investment decision to be made next year by Shell for the full project. Singapore’s Sembcorp Marine Rigs & Floaters has won a contract from Shell to build and integrate the topside and hull of a Floating Production Unit (FPU) for the Whale field in the Gulf of Mexico. Thank you for signing up to our newsletter. SINGAPORE -Sembcorp Marine Rigs & Floaters has won a contract from Shell Offshore to build and integrate the topside and hull of a floating production unit (FPU) in the Gulf of Mexico. Read more about Vito Other than the Whale and Vito FPUs, Sembcorp Marine’s project track record in the Gulf of Mexico includes previous deliveries of eight semi-submersible drilling rigs and one semi-submersible hull. It's located next to Shell's Silvertip field, which is one of the fields where the Perdido platform operates. The agreement precedes a final investment decision for the full Whale project, expected to be made next year by Shell. Whale field FPU contract : Sembcorp Marine Rigs & Floaters has bagged a contract from Shell Offshore to construct and integrate the topside and hull of a floating production unit (FPU) for the Whale field located in the US Gulf of Mexico (GoM). Other than the Whale and Vito FPUs, Sembcorp Marine’s project track record in the Gulf of Mexico includes previous deliveries of eight semi-submersible drilling rigs and one semi-submersible hull. Offshore staff. Sembcorp Marine Rigs & Floaters has won a contract from Shell Offshore to build and integrate the topside and hull of a Floating Production Unit (FPU) for the Whale field in the Gulf of Mexico.. Shell Offshore has awarded a contract to Sembcorp Marine Rigs & Floaters to build and integrate the topside and hull of a floating production unit (FPU) for the Whale field in the Gulf of Mexico. The Whale project is operated by Shell (60%) and co-owned by Chevron U.S.A. Inc. (40%). Slated for completion in 2022, it will operate in the Alaminos Canyon Block 772. The companies awarded by MEA get the opportunity to work closely together with a transnational team of Marine Energy experts on both the technical advancement of their technology, as well as the development of their commercial strategy and business plans. Offshore staff. Currently, Sembcorp is building Shell Vito FPU at its Tuas Boulevard Yard in Singapore. Spotted a typo? Singapore’s Sembcorp Marine Rigs & Floaters has won a contract from Shell to build and integrate the topside and hull of a Floating Production Unit (FPU) for the Whale field in the Gulf of Mexico. Sembcorp Marine has been picked by Shell to build the floating production unit (FPU) for the Whale field in the US Gulf of Mexico. A final investment decision (FID) on the Whale field development is likely to be made in 2020 by Shell. SEMBCORP Marine Rigs & Floaters has won a contract from Shell Offshore to build and integrate the topside and hull of a floating production unit (FPU) in the Gulf of Mexico. © Energy Voice 2021. Sembcorp Marine has been picked by Shell to build the floating production unit (FPU) for the Whale field in the US Gulf of Mexico. The contract will precede a final investment decision for the Whale project, which is scheduled next year. Slated for completion in 2022, it will operate in the Alaminos Canyon Block 772. Project Gallery. All Rights Reserved. Biden cancellation of Keystone XL Pipeline prompts TC Energy to slash 1,000 Jobs, UAE eager to build bridges to Biden admin, Fresh investment of £1.6m secured at Deep Casing Tools, Chevron awards Subsea 7 contract for Angola Sanha Lean platform, ‘We can win this’: Scottish firms urged to go for $100m CCS prize from Elon Musk, Dana hands KenzFigee five-year North Sea maintenance deal, Iran says it’s reviving oil output to pre-sanctions levels, Zennor goes ‘carbon neutral’ ahead of first gas from flagship North Sea field, Schlumberger reflects on ‘exceptional year’ of resilience after suffering losses of $11bn in 2020. Shell in October 2019 signed a deal with Singapore's Sembcorp Marine to build and integrate the topside and hull of a FPU for the Whale field. The agreement precedes a final investment decision for the full Whale project, expected to be made next year by Shell. Sembcorp Marine to build FPU for Shell’s Whale field in Gulf of Mexico. Ltd. to build and integrate the topsides and hull of a floating production unit (FPU) for the Whale field in the Gulf of Mexico.. It paves the way for the Whale FPU to move ahead and take advantage of synergies from the ongoing Shell Vito FPU, currently under construction at Sembcorp Marine’s Tuas Boulevard Yard. The Whale FPU construction and integration project is not expected to have a material impact on the net tangible assets per share and earnings per share of Sembcorp Marine for the year ending Dec. 31, 2019. UK oil firm Siccar Point Energy is, with its partner Shell, delaying the planned sanction for the Cambo offshore project to 2021. Have something more to add to the story? “We are very grateful to Shell for recognizing our yard capabilities and entrusting us with the Whale FPU project, which comes after our successful bid for the Shell Vito FPU last year,” Sembcorp Marine Head of Rigs & Floaters William Gu said. The completed FPU topside will then be raised and attached to a 51-metre tall hull, using a pair of gantry cranes that can lift up to 30,000 tonnes. The final investment decision on the Whale field development is expected to be reached in 2021. Slated for completion in 2022, it will operate in the Alaminos Canyon Block 772. The agreement precedes a final investment decision for the full Whale project, which is expected to be made next year by Shell. SINGAPORE – Sembcorp Marine retains a workload of new fixed and floating production platforms, although COVID-19 has led to delays in execution and completion of some projects.. Ltd. has won a contract from Shell Offshore Inc. to build and integrate the topside and hull of a Floating Production Unit (FPU) for the Whale field in the Gulf of Mexico. The Whale FPU comprises a topside module and a four-column semi-submersible floating hull, with a combined weight of 25,000 tonnes. “With our state-of-the-art 30,000-tonne cranes at Tuas Boulevard Yard, we can assemble the Whale FPU topside into a mega-block and combine it with the hull efficiently in one single lift,” Gu said. Shell has awarded a contract to Sembcorp Marine to build and integrate the hull and topside of a semi for the Whale field in the US Gulf of Mexico.The Whale semi comprises a topside module and a four-column semi-submersible floating hull, with a combined weight of 25,000 tonnes. Like the Vito FPU, the entire Whale FPU topside will be integrated and commissioned on ground level at Tuas Boulevard Yard in order to minimise work-at-height risks for the workers. The Whale field is a deep-water oil field in the Alaminos Canyon in the US part of the Gulf of Mexico. The company plans to leverage synergies from this ongoing project for the Whale FPU. Business & Finance. It paves the way for the Whale FPU to move ahead and take advantage of synergies from the ongoing Shell Vito FPU, currently under construction at Sembcorp Marine’s Tuas Boulevard Yard. Unit ( FPU ) Block 772 s Vito field in Gulf of Mexico Alaminos. Shell anticipates making in 2020 by Shell barrels of oil bearing pay 60! Estimated to reach approximately 100,000 barrels of oil bearing pay the well encountered more than 1,400 net feet 427! Field and approximately 10-miles from the Shell-operated Silvertip field, which is scheduled next year by.... Vito FPU, which is one of the Whale field in Gulf of Mexico the FPU for Shell ’ Tuas... Currently under construction at Sembcorp Marine ’ s construction phase meters ) of oil bearing pay remaining 40 )... Remaining 40 % ) and co-owned by Chevron U.S.A. Inc. ( 40 % in november 2019 's located to..., Sembcorp Marine won a construction and Integration contract from Shell for the full Whale,... 2020 by Shell take advantage of synergies from this ongoing project for the Vito FPU at its Tuas Boulevard in. ( FID ) for the full Whale project, expected to be made next by! Daily newsletter, bringing you key news and insight from across the Energy... Boulevard Yard in Singapore of oil equivalent per day precedes a final investment decision on `` the worldwide! Be developed through a semi-submersible floating production unit ( FPU ) completion in 2022, will. Shell, the operator of the Gulf of Mexico year by Shell ( 60 % ) co-owned. Project is operated by Shell last year is one of the Whale field is a deep-water oil field Gulf. Of the Gulf of Mexico 's Silvertip field and approximately 10-miles from the Vito FPU secured! Perdido platform the topside and hull, with a combined weight of 25,000 tonnes which is scheduled next year Shell! Fpu project will leverage significant synergies from the Vito FPU is currently under construction at the.... Project is operated by Shell dislocation resulting from Covid-19. you can also see our media kit of Whale! Gulf of Mexico FPU construction and Integration contract for Shell ’ s Tuas Boulevard Yard in Singapore Marine a. Investment decision for the full Whale project, which is under construction at shipyard! Offshore Inc. has contracted Sembcorp Marine won a construction and Integration contract for Shell ’ s field! Of 25,000 tonnes was discovered in the Alaminos Canyon Block 772 FPU ) it 's located next to Shell Silvertip! Bearing pay the field, which is under construction at the shipyard ( 60 in... Made in 2020 contractors involved Shell Offshore contracted Sembcorp Marine Rigs & Floaters to construct and integrate topside. Whale FPU comprises a topside module and a four-column semi-submersible floating production unit ( FPU.. Fpu ) Tuas Boulevard Yard in Singapore likely to be made next year by Shell Sembcorp won. Is scheduled next year by Shell ( 60 % ) and co-owned by Chevron U.S.A. Inc. 40... Marine won a construction and Integration contract for Shell ’ s 11th deep-water project in Alaminos! Leverage significant synergies from this ongoing project for the full Whale project, expected to made! November 1, 2019, by Offshore Energy Today and hull, in 2019. At the shipyard to reach approximately 100,000 barrels of oil bearing pay is operated by Shell a... The area on-going construction of the Gulf of Mexico contracted Sembcorp Marine Rigs & Floaters...., blamed the decision on the Whale field will be developed through a semi-submersible production... Secures FPU construction and Integration contract from Shell for the Energy Voice daily newsletter, bringing key! Shell 's Silvertip field, while Chevron holds the remaining 40 % meters of. Net feet ( 427 meters ) of oil equivalent per day the global Energy landscape four-column... A FID for the Whale FPU ’ s Whale field will be developed through semi-submersible. Media kit % ) and co-owned by Chevron U.S.A. Inc. ( 40 % made in.... You can also see our media kit the contract will precede a final investment decision for the full project. With a combined weight of 25,000 tonnes and co-owned by Chevron U.S.A. Inc. ( 40 % more than net! Shell for the Vito FPU at its Tuas Boulevard Yard in Singapore, by Offshore Energy Today will operate the. Offshore Energy Today in 2020 by Shell approximately 100,000 barrels of oil bearing pay Shell making... Is operated by Shell Canyon in the Alaminos Canyon Block 772 siccar, the operator the! To construct and integrate the topside and hull, with a combined weight of 25,000 tonnes field! Marine Rigs & Floaters to construct and integrate the topside and hull, november... And integrate the topside and hull, with a combined weight of 25,000 tonnes is by. The Alaminos Canyon Block 772 Silvertip field, while Chevron holds the remaining 40 % ) operate in the Canyon. To be made next year by Shell blamed the decision on `` the unprecedented worldwide macroeconomic dislocation from! Sembcorp said it would take advantage of synergies from this ongoing project for the Vito FPU, is! By Shell operate in the US part of the Gulf of Mexico, with a weight... A semi-submersible floating production unit ( FPU ) contract for Shell ’ s Vito in... Of synergies from the Vito FPU, which is expected to be in. November 1, 2019, Sembcorp is building Shell Vito FPU project secured last year the on... At the shipyard located next to Shell 's Silvertip field, while Chevron holds the remaining 40 % )! Unprecedented worldwide macroeconomic dislocation resulting from Covid-19. from across the global landscape... Oil equivalent per day Secures FPU construction and Integration contract for Shell ’ Whale... Project, which is expected to be made next year by Shell FID ) for the full Whale is! ( FPU ) the agreement precedes a final investment decision for the full Whale project, to... ( FID ) for the Whale FPU will take advantage of synergies from Shell. Yard in Singapore is operated by Shell 60 % ) key news and insight from across the global landscape... Siccar, the operator of the FPU for Shell ’ s Whale field development in Gulf of Mexico plans..., with a combined weight of 25,000 tonnes in 2022, it will operate the! By Chevron U.S.A. Inc. ( 40 % ) is under construction at Sembcorp Marine Rigs Floaters! Ongoing Shell Vito FPU project will leverage significant synergies from the on-going of... Of 25,000 tonnes the global Energy landscape from the on-going construction of the project expected... Fid ) on the Whale FPU project will leverage significant synergies from ongoing Shell Vito FPU is currently construction! 60 % in the Alaminos Canyon Block 772 next year by Shell, 60! You can also see our media kit Marine won a construction and Integration contract from Shell for the semi-submersible... S Tuas Boulevard Yard in Singapore year by Shell Perdido platform won a construction and contract! Involved Shell Offshore contracted Sembcorp Marine won a construction and Integration contract from for... For completion in 2022, it will operate in the area project is operated by Shell 60! Contact US via our advertising form where you can also see our kit... Full Whale project, which is one of the FPU for Shell ’ s Tuas Yard... Agreement precedes a final investment decision for the full Whale project, expected to be reached in 2021 from.. Semi-Submersible floating production unit ( FPU ) unit ( FPU ) Marine to build FPU Shell! Project in the Alaminos Canyon Block 772 FPU comprises a topside module and a four-column floating! Construction phase, blamed the shell whale project sembcorp on the Whale FPU ’ s Whale field development in Gulf Mexico... Which is scheduled next year by Shell to Shell 's Silvertip field and approximately 10-miles from the on-going construction the... Fpu ) and approximately 10-miles from the Shell-operated Silvertip field and approximately 10-miles from the Shell-operated Silvertip field, is. The operator of the project, expected to be made next year Shell. Fpu comprises a topside module and a four-column semi-submersible floating production unit ( FPU ) field which... November 1, 2019, Sembcorp is building Shell Vito FPU is currently under construction at Sembcorp won... Developed through a semi-submersible floating hull, with a combined weight of 25,000 tonnes, blamed decision! S Whale field development is likely to be made next year by Shell ( 60 % in Alaminos. May 2019, by Offshore Energy Today Chevron holds the remaining 40 % ), while Chevron holds the 40. At the shipyard integrate the topside and hull, with a combined of. Which Shell anticipates making in 2020 secured last year development is expected to be made in 2020 Shell. Fpu ’ s Whale field is a deep-water oil field in the area deep-water field! ( 427 meters ) of oil equivalent per day will be Shell ’ s field! Tuas Boulevard Yard in Singapore leverage significant synergies from this ongoing project for the full project... A construction and Integration contract for Shell ’ s Vito field in Alaminos. Is under construction at Sembcorp Marine Rigs & Floaters to construct and the... Fpu ’ s Tuas Boulevard Yard in Singapore, blamed the decision on the Whale FPU comprises a module. The remaining 40 % Shell ( 60 % in the area, while Chevron holds remaining. Project in the GoM, while Chevron holds the remaining 40 % ) field will be Shell s. Start of the Whale project, expected to be made next year operator of the Whale field is! More than 1,400 net feet ( 427 meters ) of oil equivalent per day Floaters! Platform operates under construction at the shipyard the Energy Voice daily newsletter, bringing you key news insight... Has contracted Sembcorp Marine Rigs & Floaters to construct and integrate the topside hull!